Welcome to Ivory Tower Childcare!
Ivory Tower is a home-based nurturing childcare environment for children aged 0-11 in Southam, Cheltenham. My name is Una Jenkins and I am the owner and director of our beautiful setting. I am very proud of Ivory Tower and what we have created as a family and team.
Ivory Tower was born when I was on maternity leave with my first son, Luke. Having just finished my Masters in Psychology with a particular interest in Child Developmental Psychology, I was keen to put my skills to use and childminding provided the perfect balance for our family.
Ivory Tower opened in January 2018 following Ofsted Registration. In March 2018, I took on my first member of staff, Trina Cole, who now manages the setting day to day and in January 2019 we took on our first assistant, Liane Mason. We now have, on average, six under-fives a day.
Parents pick Ivory Tower for their children for the following reasons:
- Ample indoor and outdoor space including a dedicated playroom
- Smaller adult to child ratios than a nursery with social opportunities beyond a lone childminder but a more intimate setting than a nursery – the best of both!
- High quality resources
- All staff trained to Level 3 and above. Our mixed skill sets mean that we have an in depth knowledge of brain development in the early years balanced with an understanding of childhood mental health and wellbeing.
- Lots of opportunities for parental involvement
- Continuous access to a daily diary and record of your child’s learning and development
- We accept childcare vouchers, tax free childcare and government funding
- We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Key person system
- Child led environment where little ones can learn on their own terms and at their own pace
- Most importantly, we treat every little one that comes through our doors with the love and respect that we want for our own children. Trina and I both have children cared for in the setting and we hold ourselves to the standards we want them to experience as parents.
We would love to show you our setting and what we can offer your family. Please do get in touch to arrange a visit. We look forward to welcoming you.
We are a Sun Safe Nursery and our food menus are dietitian certified by Baby Bright Start.