NVQ level 3 in Early Years & Child development
To supervise and meet the care needs of each child within the setting, working alongside team members to plan stimulating activities in accordance to the EYFS, supporting each child’ s individual learning and development process.
My career in childcare began in 2007 when qualified I from college, working in two different day nursery settings, with my focus being on caring for children under 12 months old. I went on to manage the Baby Suite at Circus Day Nursery, attending regular training to further my skills. My interests lie in assisting children to discover the world by exploring their natural surroundings, promoting their learning through real life experiences, as well as encouraging children’s creativity from an early age.
I have recently had my first child, and this has reiterated the importance of the Early years framework and my passion for providing high quality childcare to parents and carers.
Continuous Professional Development / Recent Training
- Paediatric First Aid 2018
- Child Protection and Safeguarding 2016 – new training booked September 2018 and has received internal Safeguarding traiing
- Paediatric First Aid 2015
- Inspiring Creative Play 2015
- The Importance of storytelling with Pie Corbett 2014
- Excelling in Excellence 2013
- Super Hero & Weapon play 2013
- Fire Safety Training 2012
- Blue Sky Thinking 2012
- Tiny Talk – Baby Sign 2009
- Medicine Administration (including full EpiPen training) 2008
- Manual Handling 2008